Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The CBD's French Toast - a must for tapas


I've not yet had the pleasure of dining at the French Toast & Wine restaurant, but I've decided to give the place a bit of exposure based on the feedback I've been getting from my peers. I can lay claim to the fact that I've driven past it, which counts for something. The French Toast specializes in tapas and wine.  I've heard it's chic and sophisticated; but exudes a certain warmth.

And, make no mistake this place is rumoured to have great food. Word on the street is that there is a fireplace which makes it an ideal location for the frosty Winter months.


I've struggled to find tapas restaurants in Cape Town, so I'm glad this one has made an appearance. It's located at the top end of Bree street and is easy to find. Next time I think I'll double park and elbow my way towards a table.

Website: http://www.frenchtoastwine.com/wines/
Where: 199 Bree Street. Cape Town
Opening times: 12 noon till late.
Phone number: 021 422 4084

No comments:

Post a Comment